- How to clean the air from harmful wildfire smokeMitigate against wildfire smoke with N95 respirators, HEPA or MERV13 air filters, and tracking air quality near you.
- COVID is AirborneA growing collection of evidence and resources discussing the airborne nature of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, its impacts, and mitigation strategies.
- DIY box fan filters – Corsi-Rosenthal boxAlso known as a Corsi-Rosenthal box, this DIY method of building your own air filter with MERV13 furnace filters and a box fan are an easy and cost-effective way to help clear indoor air from airborne virus particles, wildfire smoke, pollen, dust, and more! If you can seal a box, you can build one… Read More »DIY box fan filters – Corsi-Rosenthal box
- THE Corsi/Rosenthal Box FAQAnswers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the DIY box fan air filter solution, also known as the Corsi-Rosenthal box.
- Indoor Air Quality Fact Sheet SeriesThe Center for Green Schools at U.S. Green Building Council has released a unique series of fact sheets about indoor air quality (IAQ), designed to help people without a technical background understand some of the more complicated details.
- Someone in my home has COVID. How do we isolate safely?When someone in your household needs to quarantine at home, you want them to be isolated from others as much as possible. Remember that the virus transmits predominantly through the air, so sanitizing surfaces is not enough.
- VentilationSARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, can float in the air like smoke. Aerosolized particles can linger in poorly ventilated indoor spaces, spreading farther than 6 feet from its source. We need to think about controlling the source of the virus indoors, about ventilation (mixing more outdoor air with indoor air), and about air filtration and… Read More »Ventilation
- Air filters work – EPA, CDC, OSHA, ASHRAE, and more agree.We know that HEPA and MERV13 filters work to remove airborne virus particles. Read all about it from the EPA, CDC, OSHA, and ASHRAE.
- Portable Air Cleaner (HEPA filter) buying guideBuying guides by Air Quality expert Marwa Zaatari (includes room size, noise level and cost) the California Air Resources Board (CARB), Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) and a DIY option with a box fan and MERV13 filters!
- MasksResources, links to buy, video review, tools for better fit, how to test for a good seal, and more!
- Elastomeric RespiratorsWhat are Elastomeric Respirators? They are tight fitting respirators made of synthetic or natural rubber material, can be repeatedly used, disinfected, stored, and re-used.• They are equipped with replaceable filter cartridges or flexible, disc or pancake-style filters,which are not housed in a cartridge body.• They may also have sealing surfaces and adjustable straps that… Read More »Elastomeric Respirators
- Kids’ MasksHow to find protective masks and respirators for children. Kids’ disposable and reusable options available. Check out the video review testing various brands!
- How to improve masking behaviorby Noelle Tankard MPhil Human Evolutionary Studies, University of Cambridge. BA Archaeology & Anthropology, University of Bristol. Tips for improving masking behavior, and understanding some potential barriers and solutions.
- SchoolsCOVID safety in schools: A growing collection of resources.
- Expert forum: #DeltaSchoolsAirborneA comprehensive crash course in COVID school safety! Session 1: How is COVID-19 transmitted and how can we protect kids, teachers, staff, families? Dr. Kimberly Prather, Dr. Denise Dewald, Dr. Linsey Marr, Dr. Richard Corsi, David Elfstrom, Dr. Dustin Poppendieck, Jim Rosenthal, Dr. Robert “Chip” T. Schooley, Dr. Howard Taras, Ian Ricksecker
- Lunch safetyKids can wear the most protective masks to school, but when it comes to lunch time, and the masks come off, how do you keep kids safe? #EatOutside and more recommendations.
- Dr Alex Huffman’s airborne aerosols spreadsheetDr Alex Huffman’s Resource page (google sheet) on COVID transmission & prevention (focus: airborne aerosols) now: ☑️790+ media articles ☑️340+ science papers ☑️videos; infographics; webinars; threads; tools ☑️scientists & more
Epic COVID safety thread by aerosol expert Dr. Kimberly Prather
Follow this advice and you’ll be in good shape! Thread includes vaccines, airborne spread, masks, fit, ventilation, co2 monitoring, air filters, wastewater testing, rapid testing, and more!